Taking Gaming to a Whole New World
 
HomeFAQSearchCalendarMemberlistRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
 
NinjaIan15
 
Randomprsn
 
Tyleh
 
gamerpro2011
 
fishythefish
 
InvokedFury
 
U54222
 
SoSpecial
 
desiareluvbird
 

Share | 
 

 Fraps Settings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
InvokedFury
Admin
Admin
avatar

IGN : InvokedFury
Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-05-11
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Fraps Settings   July 4th 2010, 2:24 pm

I finally got around to trying out fraps (how hard is it to press 1 button? lol)

Anyway, this is some random gameplay I got with fraps recording at Full-Size with 50FPS. (Watch it in HD / Fullscreen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPKriZHum1o

It lagged me a little, but otherwise it was playable. Sorry for the window boxing, I would have used sony vegas to fix that but the laptop im on only has Windows movie maker =(.

What settings do you guys use for fraps when you record? I've heard setting the FPS higher to around 60-90 helps...I'll give it a try later and see how it goes (although im not sure how higher FPS helps when recording?)
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
avatar

IGN : Daraku9
Posts : 595
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2010-05-14
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 4th 2010, 2:51 pm

I did 30 FPS on my video. Personally I like XFire a bit better with half screen but thats just because I run CA on 1920x1080. I don't know exactly why but I think I tested them both out and Xfire seems to record with less memory usage so I decided to use Xfire (then I convert it to some kind of HD setting using a media converter that came with my graphics card driver).

_________________
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
avatar

IGN : gamerpro2011
Posts : 256
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-14
Location : emo,ontario, canada

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 5th 2010, 2:53 am

oo lol sounds like tons of fun to convert it.. i luv editding vids but dnt like convertin cuz of the first timed i learnded took me bout 2hrs lol
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
avatar

IGN : Tyleh
Posts : 459
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-05-14
Location : Trenton, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 5th 2010, 3:25 am

Daraku9 wrote:
I did 30 FPS on my video. Personally I like XFire a bit better with half screen but thats just because I run CA on 1920x1080. I don't know exactly why but I think I tested them both out and Xfire seems to record with less memory usage so I decided to use Xfire (then I convert it to some kind of HD setting using a media converter that came with my graphics card driver).
I use Xfire now too, but I like Fraps' quality better since it encodes video in .avi format instead of whatever Xfire's format is. VLC won't even play it without a plugin (and I don't even know if one exists).

The reason Fraps lags everyone so badly is because the filesize for 30 seconds of video is 500MB+ (at 30 FPS), whereas a video of comparable length recorded with Xfire is about 50MB+/-. Yeah, you save space and resources with Xfire but you have to trade off quality which I personally don't like much and you have to upload to Xfire's website using their odd format... Blegh.

As for 30 vs. 60 vs. 90 FPS, Julie, it's basically how smoothly the video plays. If you record at 30 FPS you might notice some choppiness in your video but at the very least you won't take up vital system resources. 90 FPS sounds a bit absurd to record at. I can't even begin to imagine the size of even a small clip recorded at that framerate. >_<
Back to top Go down
InvokedFury
Admin
Admin
avatar

IGN : InvokedFury
Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-05-11
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 5th 2010, 5:11 am

Tyleh wrote:
As for 30 vs. 60 vs. 90 FPS, Julie, it's basically how smoothly the video plays. If you record at 30 FPS you might notice some choppiness in your video but at the very least you won't take up vital system resources. 90 FPS sounds a bit absurd to record at. I can't even begin to imagine the size of even a small clip recorded at that framerate. >_<

I tried out 75fps earlier, I actually lagged alot less than playing at 50fps in the video I posted...only having to deal with just a little more space used up, but that doesn't matter much since I have alot of free space and I'm probably going to delete the video(s) after. Wouldn't high fps actually make it laggier than something that was set to 30fps if it used up more space O.o?
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
avatar

IGN : gamerpro2011
Posts : 256
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-14
Location : emo,ontario, canada

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 5th 2010, 5:28 am

yaa lol i was using xfire well and i started to lag wit 30fps but bout 5mins into it i was fine or abit b4 that i think the lag does setal down eventually and ya im uploadin em as i type but ya xfire is fun and i failed da snyper only game lol the first time i played i won 15-10 the second time i played i won 15-5 then wen i started to record i lost like 12-15 or so lol
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
avatar

IGN : Tyleh
Posts : 459
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-05-14
Location : Trenton, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 5th 2010, 2:01 pm

InvokedFury wrote:
Tyleh wrote:
As for 30 vs. 60 vs. 90 FPS, Julie, it's basically how smoothly the video plays. If you record at 30 FPS you might notice some choppiness in your video but at the very least you won't take up vital system resources. 90 FPS sounds a bit absurd to record at. I can't even begin to imagine the size of even a small clip recorded at that framerate. >_<

I tried out 75fps earlier, I actually lagged alot less than playing at 50fps in the video I posted...only having to deal with just a little more space used up, but that doesn't matter much since I have alot of free space and I'm probably going to delete the video(s) after. Wouldn't high fps actually make it laggier than something that was set to 30fps if it used up more space O.o?
I thought it would... O_o

Oh well, I don't even use Fraps anymore since it tends to lag my computer (I generally don't pull but 25-30 FPS in an 8v8 game anyway). I might try the 75 FPS idea.
Back to top Go down
InvokedFury
Admin
Admin
avatar

IGN : InvokedFury
Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-05-11
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 7th 2010, 4:44 am

Tyleh wrote:
I thought it would... O_o

Oh well, I don't even use Fraps anymore since it tends to lag my computer (I generally don't pull but 25-30 FPS in an 8v8 game anyway). I might try the 75 FPS idea.

Combat Arms & FRAPS Optimization

From what I've read so far from other people who have used Fraps to record, setting the FPS higher gives you more "gameplay fps" while recording, so it reduces lag but ends up using a ton of space. That's probably why mine ended up becoming less laggy, and I must have not noticed the file size because of all the free space I had left.

Quote :
If you want to make a YouTube montage, then setting the FPS higher (60FPS and higher) will give you both higher gameplay FPS (so as not to hinder your gameplay) and give you enough FPS to slow video down to showcase that M24 headshot you got from across the map.

All i know now is that I can finally fraps any games/clan wars we have, catch hackers, and pwn nubs at the same time... xD
Back to top Go down
omarcrz02
Banned
Banned
avatar

IGN : IHateAimbot
Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-09
Location : Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 7th 2010, 9:02 am

Julie, u know if u have CQB u would rock damn hard o.o, u dont scope at all =3, with the cqb ull scope them and **** allllll! XD
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
avatar

IGN : gamerpro2011
Posts : 256
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-14
Location : emo,ontario, canada

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 7th 2010, 4:22 pm

soo use 60fps if im not mistaken or hihger
Back to top Go down
Eyerider
Member
Member
avatar

IGN : Eyerider
Posts : 24
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-09
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   July 10th 2010, 5:43 am

nice vid and btw if you play it at 1080p, you get amazing quality LIKE really AMAZING
and it doesnt seem like ur lagging :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fraps Settings   

Back to top Go down
 
Fraps Settings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» FOV settings
» Houdini 2.0c with "g" settings
» houdini settings?
» Stockfish 2.1.1 JA 64bit X (new settings) vs. Stockfish 2.1.1 JA 64bit
» Far Cry 3 Ultra Settings GTX 670 FTW - Jungle Exploring Gameplay

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: General :: Media :: Videos-
Jump to: