» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   June 15th 2010, 3:49 am

Recently I have noticed a huge increase in the number of chammers in game (along with speeders) so I tried out some new weapons to combat them. The flash nade detonates a split second after impact and flies farther than nades and I got a lot of kills using it. The heartbeat detector allows you to see enemies on the mini map if they are within 30 degrees or so of your recital and is basically legal chams. I managed to pull off a 2 (34/17) kdr in a map I am not familiar with (Cold Seed) and a 18 (18/1) and 4 (24/Cool kill death in two SV matches using the heart beat sensor. Despite how nerfed people say they are I have gotten a lot of kills from them. Are these weapons useful in taking out chammers and regular players or is there some better way to combat them (or some method of using either weapon to a better advantage.

Last edited by Daraku9 on June 15th 2010, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some things were a bit vauge)
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   June 15th 2010, 12:47 pm

Well the only way you could possibly get a 6th sense like chammers have is to obtain an absolutely astounding knowledge of the map you're playing on coupled with a pristine knowledge of the other team's patterns and guns. Even then it would take half a match to figure out and would STILL be a guess anyway. Of course footsteps, muzzle flare, tracers, sounds of grenade pins being pulled, grenades in general, clipping issues where body parts can be seen through walls, etc., all contribute to knowing where players are at a given time.

I like the idea of using heartbeat sensors for maps you don't know, but the problem is it takes up your support slot and you'd have to decide whether or not to use grenades or a weapon that does no damage.

I haven't tried flash grenades, but I'd like to considering it's a really annoying weapon and would be extremely useful. Maybe not more so than 2 M67s, which is what I use.
Back to top Go down
Devils_Fury
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

IGN : Smexy// Devils_Fury

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   June 15th 2010, 3:34 pm

Well flash grenades and heartbeat detectors is the gp way but the Satilite Scanner for the specs seems to be exactly like hacks but for a limited time
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   June 15th 2010, 8:21 pm

I have done some more testing of the HBS. It seems that the x and z range of the HBS and HBD is actually really good. If you look at this image (taken from the CA website user submitted screenshots) the x and z range is actually in the mini map. There is a very faint ring in the inside of the map which is the HBS and HBD z range while the even more faint field of vision cone on your player is the x range. In other words the x range is around 100 degrees and the z range is about the average effective range for a shotgun (the farthest distance a shotgun can hit someone). This is pretty impressive and a lot better than the half the mini map and 10 degree cone I had originally thought it was. Not sure of the Y range yet but I think its around the height of your screen. This is a lot better of a weapon than I thought and I have hardly been ambushed since I started using it.

Edit: the Y range seems to be around 35 degrees. The Z range seems to be equal no matter where scan (in other words if you are on the tower you won't have enough range to scan to the underground).

Last edited by Daraku9 on June 26th 2010, 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added "Edit")
Back to top Go down
-MUFASAAA-
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : -MUFASAAA-

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   July 12th 2010, 1:55 pm

HBD and HBS are extremely underrated.
They are incredible for maps such as Two Towers where there are many obstructions and hiding places. I've gone 16-0 using it.
They are fairly useless for maps with open spaces though.
Best used when camping tight areas.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   November 26th 2010, 5:53 pm

I tried using them again after the HUD update and it seems that they work in the same way except that they work in the same way that they used to work except the heart beat detector has the radius as the old map when zoomed out to the max. Since I think the new mini map has a slightly higher magnification the heart beat detector sees slightly farther than it used to. They also gave it a new recharge meter that uses smaller increments than the last one but uses/recharges them at a proportionality equivalent rate so there is no change there.

A lot of people already know this but flash protection reduces the time your screen is covered by the flash of a flash grenade (but you are still effected by the initial large flash of the nade unless you have 100% flash protection).

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   November 28th 2010, 12:44 am

Can someone buy me a few computer upgrades and send them to me XD jk

sorry off-topic

anyways I like flash grenades exploding in my face and then killing them just to piss them off XD

I used them before they are helpful
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
lnvokedfury

IGN : lnvokedfury

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 3rd 2011, 2:14 am

Flash Grenades are Fun i usally use them in lots of game,But using lfahes could get chu get kicked out of teh room.. ro thats one bad thing. and the other one is if some1 has flashes and ur against them.. it like compoelety hurt my eyes... and its always teh best to have anti flash googles while using lfash.. u could flash urself too
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 3rd 2011, 7:59 pm

I've heard that certain scopes (was it the ACOG?) work as a decent anti-flash. While I have experienced this effect with the scope up, it was when I was facing partially to the side (I think). Even so, the flash appeared in my scope, but disappeared after half a second or so (even with scope down). Can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 3rd 2011, 8:36 pm

From what I understand flash nades have a small blast radius in the center where you will feel the full effects of flash and outside of that epicenter the effects of flash depends on the distance you are from the center (if the explosion was outside of your screen you will not feel the effects of the flash in this outer part.). I have gotten flashed plenty of times when using an ACOG scope and there is no difference when out of scope but I haven't been flashed by an ITech before so I wouldn't know (although I assume ITech scopes don't provide any protection either).

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 3rd 2011, 10:40 pm

lnvokedfury wrote:
Flash Grenades are Fun i usally use them in lots of game,But using lfahes could get chu get kicked out of teh room.. ro thats one bad thing. and the other one is if some1 has flashes and ur against them.. it like compoelety hurt my eyes... and its always teh best to have anti flash googles while using lfash.. u could flash urself too
Out of curiosity, just who the hell are you?
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 3rd 2011, 10:59 pm

He changed his name to lnvokedfury (with a lower case L) and joined our clan (he's no one I know). As you can tell he has only copied Invoked's name and has made no attempt to match her grammatical prowess. Although I think his joke is a little tasteless, he does meet our requirements and is a worthy candidate for the clan (not sure who recruited him though). An important thing to note is that he used a kill/death reset and we should make a kill/death requirement in the future to prevent people from using a reset and getting a few kills to match our requirements.

Admin

IGN : InvokedFury

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 12:26 pm

lnvokedfury's a really good friend of mine irl. He's been playing for awhile and wanted to join so I let him (and he's not too bad of a player either). The identical name was just for the heck of it and we were bored. Sorry for the confusion.

edit: His KDR was 1.09 before he reset it. So either way he would have met the requirements I'm sure

Last edited by InvokedFury on January 4th 2011, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lnvokedfury

IGN : lnvokedfury

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 12:31 pm

Yeah... it pretty much confused pples in my games too.. so i am soz too.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 7:53 pm

Okay, I did a little "research", trusting that the Combat Arms Wiki is reliable. (See the link below.)

In the article on the ACOG TA1 Scope:

http://combatarms.wikia.com/wiki/ACOG_TA1_Scope

the 5th bullet under "Trivia" states that it has a visible killflash. Does this mean that it actually protects against flash or merely LOOKS like it does? If anyone has a flashbang, this may be worth testing in a friendly, private, in-clan game.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 8:12 pm

Well, after some more "research", the page on the XM-84 doesn't say anything about scopes protecting against it. Oh, well.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 8:27 pm

Since I don't spend GP any more (yay 15+ perms!), I'm more than willing to by flash 'nades/scopes/guns and test this out with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 10:08 pm

The noobs in the CA Wiki are constantly adding crazy and obscure pieces of info to the articles. In this case the kill flash is probably some feature on the real scope that reduces the muzzle flash from your own shots rather than those from the XM-84. Noobs are always commenting about how such and such gun is the first gun made by a certain company in real life and how a certain gun actually has a different clip size in real life. Although people (such as me) are always checking what's on the CA Wiki you have to look things up yourself. One of the reasons why Holyshi_take's reviews are so popular is because he embeds his reviews on each page and for all we know he could be editing the page to match the points in his reviews (I doubt it except maybe to a minor extent). I'm going to buy some flashes in game and see how they work against an ITech scope.

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 4th 2011, 10:59 pm

I think that bit of trivia was supposed to mean that when Nexon designed the scope, the scope graphic had that honeycomb pattern, which in real life would be indicative of a killflash (which I think reduces the effects of flashes from other objects, as I don't see how it would affect one's own weapon).

Either way, flashbangs are highly underused for their helpfulness in killing, but a scope offering even minor protection against flash would help (skilled) people feel a little more balanced against rushers with flashes.
Back to top Go down
b-raid8

IGN : b-raid8

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   January 9th 2011, 9:54 am

I think flash is a bad idea for me anyway. when i go into game, theres like 4/5 ppl on the other team with flash. when they use it all, [not in game] my eyes are hurting like crazy. I changed my gamma down and it doesnt work. I got the Metal AntiFlash goggles, but the dont work. My eyes are at stake. I might be the first player on CA to get blind from players useing flash.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash   

Back to top Go down

Heart Beat Sensor/ Flash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1