» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

May 26 New Features

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: May 26 New Features   May 26th 2010, 3:16 am

This month CA has not one but two new maps, so look for a huge download the next time you try to run the game.

First of all, there's Vertigo, which, from what I can tell, takes place on top of an urban skyscraper. It also looks small and cluttered, so I don't think I'll like it.

Next up there's Training Ground. Obviously it's geared towards the newbies, so Nexon has apparently added a "training mode" of some type for the first time players play the map. Players "will receive a reward after the first time they complete the training, and they will enter the actual battlefield upon successful completion."

On to the good stuff: weapons.

Up first is the tried-and-true Heckler and Koch G3. To be quite honest it doesn't look very good. I can't imagine the accuracy being very good (although if I'm wrong, I'm blaming it on Nexon's horrid spray-and-pray method of recording gameplay). It also holds a whopping 20, yes, only 20, rounds per clip. It's NX-C and therefore available to everyone.

My prediction: it will be underused in a month.

For the REC7 fans out there, there's a sweet new NX-R mod called the REC7 Rangers. I wouldn't mind owning one myself. It's got sweet camo, an L96-equivalent scope, and a foregrip which I'm sure affects portability over the standard REC7 but I'm too lazy to check.

My prediction: worth renewing if you manage to get it from a Myst-N.

There's a new clan-exclusive sniper known as the SPR which appears to be a stat clone of the M24. Unfortunately it's just as hideous as the CX4, and unlike the CX4, is only available at Level 3. Personally I don't want it but if you do, you should probably CW more. =)

As if we needed another L96... Nexon gives us the new GP-only M-200. There's no gameplay video so I have no idea what type of scope it has on it, but I must say it reminds me of that old Nerf gun I have back in my closet. Hopefully it's not as useless. If usefulness is based on looks, it certainly will be. Fortunately it's only available for those at and above CSM5.

Last and certainly my least favorite news is the new SUPER Elite Moderator. Now, not only do you get to kick people who kill you in a completely legit manner, but you also get bonus EXP/GP for it! Granted, it's only 5% in each and has some restrictions, but is it really worth the extra money?

...I guess that wasn't last. A few minor things have been updated: Major II and above ranks now have PERMANENT Super Moderator. I think that's fair, but there is the possibility for abuse.

Unfortunately for Dying, his Mei's MP7 MOD is no longer renewable. xD

However, we no longer have to see the "$HQServerLoginFail" message.

You guys know my opinion, so now I'm curious to know yours. What do you think about this month's update?
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 26th 2010, 6:24 am

I don't think too highly of the new guns but i suspect that Nexon is going to add something new to the guns like more sway for more power like the higher dmg version of the SR-25 that came out earlier.

The new Elite is just basically a way to earn money since most of the time Elite noobs used Elite to kick anyone vaguely better than them anyway and since Major II rank people get the perm version of the normal one giving them a reason to keep buying them. The only good thing that will come out of the new Elite that it will boost the number of elite rooms there are so after new patches there will be a bigger refuge against hackers than there is now with the current number of elite rooms.

Although the new map seems a little sniper orientated it is still in the same path like orientation of every other non SV map making the SR more of a camping weapon than a weapon necessary to take out people at far distances in SV. Hopefully the spawn points will be all over the map instead of just at one side like most of them forcing players to hunt down enemies instead of shooting them along a path as usual. The most worrisome thing about the new map though is the "UPad" poster. It is going to get outdated quickly but more importantly it means that Nexon is chunking out these maps and they aren't heavily tested since the map was probably developed recently like how the IPad recently came out (They might have been developing the map for some time and added that in as an easter egg late in development but considering we have gotten a lot of new maps recently I doubt it). The map is CL3 but they keep demoting the other CL3 maps so I wonder if the CL purpose is to keep out hackers below the rank requirement (and encourage people higher than the rank requirement to play on the new map) or if its a way to encourage lower ranked people to rank up. Training grounds looks kind of useless (would have liked to see something similar as an actual map though) but you get something for completing it and since the beginner kit is all time limited it could possibly be a permanent item (probably useless though either way considering how the other rank up perms are). Still no news on the Papa server in the update notes but maybe it is coming out later since this is kind of a hefty patch.

Last edited by Daraku9 on May 26th 2010, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added my opinion of the CL system)
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 26th 2010, 2:34 pm

I just got in-game after some errors on patching. Fortunately I didn't have to reinstall.

The SPR got changed to Level 2 so we're currently able to buy it.

Now there's also a multiple arms feature in place of normal weapons restrictions. For instance, you can now do "No Shotguns" and "No Explosives" in the same game.
Back to top Go down
DyingHeaven
Admin
Admin

IGN : DyingHeaven

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 26th 2010, 4:37 pm

Tyleh wrote:
Unfortunately for Dying, his Mei's MP7 MOD is no longer renewable. xD
Of all the guns, why did they have to choose that gun! >.<

Clan Admin

IGN : gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 26th 2010, 4:40 pm

lol prob cuz its beast and they dnt want u to have it xD
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 26th 2010, 8:39 pm

Just played on the new maps. The training mode is good but it speeds through the controls a bit fast for someone who isn't used to fps games and after the first time you get 100 exp and 3k gold (this mode is not good practice since the target shooting mode is very easy although you get unlimited ammo so I guess you could practice quick scoping with the sniper rifle but not too well since you are confined to a very small space when you use the sniper rifle).

Unlike the other smaller maps I actually like Vertigo since its full of nooks and crannies everywhere so its easy to sneak up on people and VERY easy to avoid nades and other explosives by jumping into a small passageway. The map is path oriented and there are limited sniper areas but the snipers can easily get ambushed and the snipers can pick off people who are running around and if a sniper targets you there is plenty of cover. The only real problem I can find with this map is that it may be easier for specs to stick auto turrets and hornets everywhere since they will be hard to find and take out but on the up side the nooks and crannies makes it easier to kill people with shot guns since they will have less opportunity to bunny hop around in open spaces without getting ambushed.

Admin

IGN : InvokedFury

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 27th 2010, 7:46 pm

Training Grounds was alright. It seems like it's just a simpler, faster, and cheaper rip off from most other FPS training modes. Vertigo is an alright map. As much as I enjoy most small maps, I don't particularly like this one much. I've played a few games on it, but it's pretty easy to get spawn camped most of the time.

I haven't tried any of the new guns yet. I think I'll try out the SPR later and see how it goes. From what I've heard, it's an awesome gun.
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   May 29th 2010, 3:33 pm

ya it is so gay and not worth it but it is funny i was lookin for glitches and u cant kill yourselft i threw a greanade at da walll and it bounced back hit me in da face and blew up after i didnt loose any health i was like wtf!
Back to top Go down
robles56
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : robles56

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   June 3rd 2010, 6:32 am

training mode helps you quickscope.
trust me.

SPR sucks, less ammo than m24, bit less accuracy (in my opinion, from super long range combat in kill creek, aiming for heads)

M-200 IS THE BEST NO SCOPER GUN EVER I NEVER MISS WITH IT
also good for quick scope Smile

that's all.

I'm a Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   June 3rd 2010, 5:45 pm

Whats the acc for the M-200? People say its 92 but the website says its much higher. The M-200 looks cool but i don't see why it should have less acc than the average AR (even if its meant for close quarters quick scoping and no scoping).

PostSubject: Re: May 26 New Features   

Back to top Go down

May 26 New Features
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1