» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Logitech G300 Mouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Logitech G300 Mouse   September 23rd 2011, 8:23 pm

Not sure if anyone is interested but Nexon is giving people a perm G36E Valkyrie and a bunch of Kalika cases. Since I have been compulsively studying mouse specs for a while now and I don't really have anything better to do at the moment I decided that my input might be helpful (this isn't a review since I don't actually have the mouse but I have done a ton of research I can point out the most obvious pros and cons).

While this is an outrageous steal of a deal the mouse is only good for pretty much any other game besides CA. First off they didn't remove the drift control feature that is on most other mice. What drift control does is it tries to make your mouse movements as close to horizontal or vertical as possible. This means that if you try to quickscope someone's head and you move your mouse 10 degrees up or down or any fairly small number your cursor will be straightened and you will miss. http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169414800/categoryId.35208800 (in the FAQ section). While this isn't that big of a deal since you probably aren't going to be quickscoping with that small deviations in movement all of your movements will be slightly altered by drift control which makes you loose some precision.

One of the biggest benefits of non-ergonomic mice is that you can always tell where the center of the sensor is because it is always in the middle (which is particularly useful since you are going to be moving your wrist from time to time in order to aim which will make it hard to tell how to move your mouse side to side.). When you use an ergonomic mouse you can't always tell where the sensor is because the mouse has been formed in some general ergonomic way. For some reason Logitech decided to combine the worst of both worlds and the sensor is slightly off center even though it is an ergonomic mouse.

Nexon keeps giving away mice with macro capabilities even though macros are strictly banned in the ToS. Apparently you can still use macros for things that won't give you an advantage and you can assign the extra buttons to single keys but you can't use them to quick switch or anything else that may give you an advantage. Because of this the Logitech G300 is probably a lot better suited for WOW or DN than CA since you honestly don't need those extra keys. Technically you could use a button for quick switching and have almost no chance of getting caught but as far as FPS games go I find that it is best to keeps your fingers on the left and right mouse click buttons. I suppose if you are a raging noob you could assign macros to your QQing once you get owned since it is ok to use macros to type things into chat but that's about it.

Buy whatever you want but personally I'd prefer my Razer Abyssus over pretty much everything (although the Razer Abyssus is a tad expensive and is strictly a fingetip grip mouse so don't get it if you use any other grip).

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G300 Mouse   September 24th 2011, 1:34 am

Speaking of mouses, I was thinking on getting a new mouse plus a keyboard since they are kinda old and they don't suit my needs that well (especially the mouse).

I see that Nexon likes to get people all worked up to get these prizes that suck, lol Nexon are a bunch of scammer's Razz

What mouse would you recommend to me (I don't want it to be too pricey).
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G300 Mouse   September 24th 2011, 1:37 am

Think of it this way, Nexon is offering a free G36E Valk + some Kalika cases. Think of it as this, you're buying the permanent G36E Valk and Kalika cases and you're getting a free mouse!

Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G300 Mouse   September 24th 2011, 2:13 am

Yeah, but the mouse is crap and your just getting the Perm weapon and kalika cases for 5$ cheaper.

It sounds like to me its a player-lose nexon-win again........sigh.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G300 Mouse   September 24th 2011, 3:48 am

It is a steal. Each Kalika case is 3k (each one gives you 5 items so it is already a good deal) and since a perm G36E costs 25k Nexon is basically giving you $6 and a free mouse ($25+7*$3 = $46 and the mouse is around $40 with shipping). The mouse isn't crap either, its only crap if you intend to play CA with it. If you want to play an MMO or any other type of game that requires you to move the camera with the mouse, move with WASD and use skills with the number or F keys (Like WOW, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, MapleStory (when you have too many skills in 4th job), League of Legends, and nearly any other non FPS game out there) then this mouse is the best on the market.

Since you don't need the precision of a drift control free mouse or a specific sensor position in an MMO game, and you can probably use macros for Vindictus (there are quite a few posts on the Nexon forums for making heavy stander macros in Vindictus and either the Vindictus forum Mods died or they don't care) the Logitech G300 is probably one of the best gaming mice in the market.... assuming you aren't playing an FPS and you are ok with a claw grip (I think that's the grip you use on the mouse anyway). You don't even need anything more than 3500 DPI anyway and everyone who has tried using my mice at that DPI can't stand the sensitivity. Most mice with that many buttons are over priced and look stupid like this http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/parentCategoryID.35208800/categoryId.54536600 or this http://steelseries.com/us/products/games/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-mmo-gaming-mouse#pictures Since you are quitting CA I would buy that mouse and get the free stuff (unless you don't like the mouse grip) just in case you change your mind.

As for a keyboard you can do one of two things. You can buy a normal keyboard that usually gets shipped with desktops from Dell.com or something since they are cheap and keyboards honestly don't differ much unless you shell out the cash. Your second option is to buy a mechanical keyboard with MX cherry Brown switches which cost a hell of a lot more than normal keyboards but can last 10 times longer and cost less than 10 times more (but they are still really expensive). The pressure in mechanical key switch keyboards don't differ as much as normal keyboard do when worn out and don't jam up (unless you break it). The problem with mechanical keyboards though is that it counts as a keypress halfway through the keybress instead of when you hit the bottom of the key so the lift off distance varries to how far down you pressed the keys. If you get another non MX Cherry Brown mechanical keyboard the keys with either make a 30 Db (or so) click when you press them which is really annoying or won't have any type of feedback when you hit the middle point when the keypress actuates. http://www.razerzone.com/minisite/blackwidow/mechanical_keyboards I happen to have a Razer BlackWidow Stealth which is an awesome keyboard but it cost $100 with shipping (since I take good care of my computer hardware I'm still saving a hell of a lot more money than if I bought a normal keyboard).

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G300 Mouse   September 24th 2011, 4:04 am

I will think about it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G300 Mouse   

Back to top Go down

Logitech G300 Mouse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1