» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Shifting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Shifting   June 21st 2011, 3:31 am

Just in case someone missed it Nexon has officially declared that shifting is bannable. For those who don't know what it is, it is timing the shift key to delay your knife strikes or compressing them so you can do two strikes at once. Personally I think it's best just to avoid melee only from now on until they patch it since it is quite easy to shift accidentally.

http://combatarms.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=00CJE

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   June 21st 2011, 12:37 pm

Well, it's only bannable if Nexon somehow catches you, or if some other players report you, right? But point taken. I play melee-only games without shifting anyway, and since the majority of kills are headshots, people usually ignore anything but OPKing.

I notice that Nexon said nothing about shifting with other weapons, like snipers. Did they patch that already?
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   June 21st 2011, 6:17 pm

THANK GOD! I could never figure out how to do that anyways it made no sense to me and it really pissed me off because it's kinda bull shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   June 24th 2011, 10:00 pm

Well, I saw the videos of how to do it and understood how it worked, but I never bothered practicing it in-game. And to be frank, I never noticed anyone else doing it either.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 5th 2011, 9:48 pm

I found out how to shift, people still do it sadly.. -.-

And there is a way to shift with an SR too, which I think is the same way you Shift with a RPG xD no shit, it is.

I think they should try and fix this somehow.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 6th 2011, 1:33 am

Oh, I know there's a way to shift with SRs and RPGs. I was just asking if that had already been patched or something. Remember, this was when I was offline for a while and the Nexon articles only mentioned melee shifting.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 6th 2011, 2:42 am

Yeah I dont think any of it is patched an I know for sure the RPG and the Melee isn't
Back to top Go down
Michael1798

IGN : Michael1798

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 6th 2011, 11:04 am

Playing Quar today, Ive notice that when I am a zombie and when i chased those spec noobs while running and pressing my shooting button, its seems my strikes make a fast noise. Would that be shifting?
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 6th 2011, 3:55 pm

That hasn't happened to me, but since Infected can strike while running, I'm not sure that there is a way to shift with Infected.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 7th 2011, 12:31 am

I have no clue! I didn't know you could even strike while running, because I cant!?!!?
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 7th 2011, 7:19 am

I think it is possible to shift as an infected (it was possible the last time I played as an infected) but the point of shifting is to either delay your strikes to more precisely hit opponents who are charging at you or to compress 2 strikes into a single animation. Since infected claws are spammable and 1 hit kill anyway there isn't really much of a point in shifting and I don't think Nexon employees or other players would go out of their way to get you banned over it since your getting about the same benefit as shifting with a double barrel.

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 7th 2011, 4:16 pm

Maybe shifting is possible with the Infected if you time it right, but the last time I played Quarantine (which wasn't that long ago), you could strike while running (although you'd slow down to normal speed as you did so).

Anyway, I'd have to slightly disagree with you about its usefulness, Daraku. Earlier, I was going to remark that there's no point in shifting with an SR either, since you might as well get a semi-auto, like an SR25. Of course, the point of shifting is actually to be able to no-scope, so that you have twice the chance of hitting at least once (with a OHK SR). I believe it's the same principle here. Suppose you strike, but miss the first swing. If you shifted, there is a chance that by the time the second strike lands, the target will now be in your sights.

Of course, something would have to be wrong with your aim for you to rely on such tactics when you can just spam strikes. People have different playing styles, so I can't comment on the general usefulness of shifting SRs, but I usually hardscope with them, so I don't need to shift.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 7th 2011, 10:05 pm

I just dont know why have to find some glitch in the game to beat other people. People try and find a unfair way to overcome there opponent, why do people do this xD

Shifting gets annoying when your playing on a melee only match because there is almost no way of getting past it.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 8th 2011, 5:19 pm

If people have been shifting on the melee-only matches I've played, it's not that noticeable, since most kills end up being headshots anyway. Two people run at each other, and it ends up being a competition of who can land their strike first. Shifting might give you a very small advantage here (in the event that you're first strike is from too far away, but your second isn't), but since the strikes land almost simultaneously, I doubt it. If there was shifting, I'd expect a lot more body kills, since there would be no reason to aim for a target as small as the head with two instantaneous strikes.

By the way, as long as we're talking about melee tactics, I've found a good way to get melee kills and a high KDR. Join an SR-only match in Junk Flea and try just using your knife. People generally aren't good enough at no-scoping to catch you while sprinting with a knife, and they can't hardscope you too well. You might get a few unlucky deaths, but for the most part, you can just join Alpha, pop out around the boxes on the Bravo side, get a bunny hop kill, jump back, and do it again. Often, people won't even notice you approach because they're scoped in.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 8th 2011, 6:11 pm

Oh, nice tactic bro! Ima have to use that Twisted Evil lol Thanks!
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 8th 2011, 10:19 pm

I'm awaiting objections to this tactic, but it does seem to work for me. There aren't that many snipers capable of picking off someone running at them in a knife, particularly in a small map like Junk Flea that has a lot of cover, and almost no one can do it consistently. There also tend to be a lot of SR-only matches in Junk Flea and only a few people use this tactic, probably because it seems counter-intuitive at first. But if you've got a OHK sniper and you miss that first shot against the knifer, you're screwed (unless someone else gets him before he gets you). That's why bunny hopping is a good idea - you want to reduce their ability to lock on at point blank - but it's also nice if you can catch a bolt-action SR right after a missed shot.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 9th 2011, 7:12 pm

I don't know how to bunny hop xD I feel like uber fail now
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 9th 2011, 10:44 pm

Spam [spacebar] (or whatever your jump key is) as you move randomly from side to side while spam knifing as you attack them. (It's a general term and can be done with other weapons.) Speed gear is preferable, especially in this situation, because:
a) It takes less time to reach your target from where you're running, which means less time for them to shoot you.
b) Higher jumps/quicker movement means you're harder to "lock on" to.
c) You're not going to tank shots from an SR on Junk Flea.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 10th 2011, 4:35 am

lol I like how you say Lock onto as if they have some kinda aimbot Razz anyways thanks for helping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 10th 2011, 6:22 pm

Well, it's the most concise way of putting it. And there's a good chance that they might, especially in an SR-only match, so you never know when that bit of extra speed may help. What I meant is that it's harder for them to anticipate your movements and keep their crosshairs over/slight in front of you as you move. I forgot to mention, if you jump higher than them (especially off a box or something), headshots are ridiculously easy. Unless you're lagging. Which is a pain in the ass for me.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   August 10th 2011, 7:34 pm

Ahh, I see. I want a Custom Reticle 4 PERM Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifting   

Back to top Go down

Shifting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top