» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Um...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Um...   June 15th 2011, 9:56 pm

At around 9:45 pm EDT today, while in-game (randomprsn, robles, and gyrodeath were online), Nexon flipped shit with the ban-hammer and I was dishonorably discharged. I have no idea why, since the Wall of Shame has a delay and Nexon still hasn't seen fit to just show the reason on the Player Profile. My guess is that it's the same as all the other ones on there, since Nexon bans random people nowadays for "hacking/botting" (and leaves the real hackers alone, apparently). I'm still CBL clean, though.

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated right now, but I might just create ANOTHER account later tonight. I suspect it's related to my Fireteam gameplay, specifically those red flags put up by getting too many headshots in the first few games. I'll probably avoid playing Fireteam on my next account and see how that goes. Admins, might as well remove me from the clan right now, although I'm not affecting our CBL.

Nexon, Nexon, Nexon...*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 15th 2011, 11:02 pm

Already?! I'll be checking up on this, and will remove you from the clan if you are indeed dishonorably discharged. Do you have any idea why you're getting banned again? Apart from the extremely high headshot percentage?

Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 15th 2011, 11:36 pm

Well, in the middle of playing, I got a server timeout error that disconnected me. When I tried to re-log, it told me I was banned. I checked the player profile and it said I was Dishonorably Discharged, but the Wall of Shame hasn't caught up yet. This account is definitely out, so go ahead and remove me.

I don't hack, but my theory is this is Nexon's attempt to "fix" the sudden outbreak of hackers. If you look at the Wall of Shame or play on Jackson server - which I doubt, since that's the one with the low ranks - you know that it's been mostly new players hacking. My guess is Nexon is trying to crack down by focusing on the lower ranks, but they're a little ban-hammer-happy. I think you have to maintain a low profile until you rank up sufficiently to keep Nexon off your back.

The only other thing I can think of (other than the HS%, which was back down to around 20% when I got banned) is my KDR. It was around 2.50 or so since I had way more experience than most of the people I was playing. I'm not sure if Nexon took the initiative themselves or if a lot of people reported me or what, but that might have played a part. There are plenty of legit players with KDR's over 2.00, but I know new players freak out when they see those.

(On a related note, does anyone remember the good old days when you could get a legit Unbelievable and have people applaud you rather than kick you? Because I can't seem to even get a Multi Kill while camping without a kick attempt being made.)
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 15th 2011, 11:38 pm

Technically it's against the ToS to have multiple accounts. That could also be your problem. In which case I have 5 other characters I need to lay low with. =)
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 12:39 am

I have around 15 accounts (I don't remember most of them) but all of their personal information is fragmented so I don't think I will have a problem with that. I have been playing Nexon games for 6 years and have never heard of someone getting banned for having multiple accounts. I even have a hacker friend who has constantly failed at hacking for 6 years (MapleStory though and he just botted for exp) who used to make accounts all the time and even his legit ones haven't been banned. Its surprising how many ways you can break the Nexon TOS and not get banned or even get a warning from a GM for much bigger things than making more accounts so I really doubt it is because of multiple accounts.

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 12:54 am

Yeah, I agree. Besides, alternate accounts are the least of Nexon's worries, what with all the hackers around. The only problem is, Nexon is being overzealous in banning people for hacking.

On the off-chance that it'll do anything, I sent a ticket to Nexon's customer support. Maybe not a lot of hackers appeal their decisions so Nexon will give me a chance.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 3:22 am

Pretend you're a kid whose little brother hacked on your account without your knowledge... They'll give it back if you've never had something like this happen before.

I had proof of begging like that working once, but it's long since been drowned in the CA forums.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 8:17 am

The Wall of Shame has refreshed and it said that you were banned for hacking/botting.

Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 12:22 pm

Then again, not until the 7th page do you see anyone banned for anything else.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 8:04 pm

Well, hope Nexon stops being dumb!
I hope you also get your account back you dirtty hacker Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Um...   June 16th 2011, 8:21 pm

Thanks? Anyway, since Nexon takes a really long time to respond to tickets, since it's doubtful they'll do anything anyway, and since my account wasn't that high a rank, I created a new one. It's name is MACHOWIMP (see my profile for info) and I'm going to try to keep my stats low on this one, even if that means intentional deaths. I've already sent in a screenshot to be CBL verified and I'll try to apply for the clan in-game if the system lets me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um...   

Back to top Go down

Um...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: Combat Arms :: Combat Arms: General-
Jump to: