» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

February bug removal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: February bug removal   February 16th 2011, 8:38 am

Heck with the new map. February (and apparently every map from now on) is bug buster month. Nexon killed a lot of bugs that have been plaguing the game since it came out of beta and a lot that I had never even heard about. I think this is awesome for the most part except for the ALT key change that prevents you from changing the ALT key. I have always found the alt key to be in a handy position so it would have been nice to be able to change the rec rules key to something else and make ALT the walk key since I don't really like hitting the C key since it is kinda in an awkward position. Best of all they fixed the unscoping bug which will make it easier for people to use bolt action guns. With that being said what do you guys think about the fixes and what other bugs are there that you think should be fixed (I'm kinda carefree about bugs in general unless they are game breaking so even if I notice important bugs I might not think much about it until someone brings it up)?

http://combatarms.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=00Azd

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 16th 2011, 10:29 am

Less bugs is a good thing. Happy that they got rid of bugs, but they have probably many more to find and have rid of
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 16th 2011, 1:53 pm

Yeah, I was happy to read about the bug removal today. For a lot of games, a large part of the user experience is features in the lobby. Since the last big patch, I've been getting increasingly annoyed with Nexon due to small things like the successful invitation message, not being able to run both messenger and normal chat at the same time, things like that. I can handle glitchers and hackers in-game (same as has been done for the last year or so: QQ or leave). But I am pleased to find that the lobby experience will be a lot cleaner and that Nexon seems to have removed the risk of being lagged out by hackers spamming note inboxes.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 16th 2011, 3:23 pm

Very, very nice. The amount of time they spent on that is probably mind-boggling, but I'm glad they did it. It makes the game so much easier to play. My favorite will probably be password prompts when trying to join rooms through the messenger and the chat box doesn't get cleared every time you get a message now. Y'know what, I actually don't think I can pick a favorite.

There's only one Rec Rules server now, which is much better, and the new map is meh (Costa Recon? Really?), so I guess I'll be playing tonight. =)
Back to top Go down
Michael1798

IGN : Michael1798

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 1:48 am

ARGH they removed clearance levels! Meaning hackers can go on Black Market i think. I always used BM to play some quarantine pub matches without hackers Dx
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 4:29 am

Clearance levels just means that you can't play on certain maps/modes. In other words people in the noob channels can play any map and any mode on any server they have access to. It doesn't mean they can access any server. That's what I thought for a while and looking at their decision I think they are trying to figure out if it is worth having clearance levels at all. Their original plan was to have 3 clearance levels and make it so that people of lower rank couldn't access certain content and feel compelled to rank up to get to other maps. On the other hand the system makes it so that people of low rank literally do not feel the updates at all since the guns, maps/modes, and everything are for higher rank (except for NX stuff but lower rank players tend not to buy any). Abolishing the clearance levels is a logical decision but I think nexon should be focusing on item equipment (such as weapon attachments, camo, helmets, face, and maybe a new category) since getting rid of the CL system will remove most of the rewards for leveling up save for getting access to new guns that aren't all that great/different from what you already have access to.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 4:45 am

I never really thought about how bad CLs are, since back when they implemented them I was already 2LT. I guess when you think about it they really make no sense even from Nexon's perspective since they probably reduce the amount of NX people spend.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 5:04 am

The clearance levels were a good way to keep hackers off servers with higher rank requirements. Also, since the Black Market Server is being opened to everyone, there won't be any servers where there aren't any hackers.

Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 5:31 am

Again clearance levels effect which maps/modes you can play on a particular server doesn't effect which servers you can get on meaning that the only difference from before the patch is that hackers will be able to play on costa recon and the other +CL2 maps/ modes without needing to be SFC1 (same with low level noobs). I tried getting into a crap kdr server earlier to make sure They weren't just freely opening up the servers.

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 8:30 am

I'm with Tyleh on this one. Although I was a lower rank than he was, I had access to everything when CL's were implemented. Also, CL3 is pointless right now since it's no different than CL2. Also, I'm pretty sure that BM is not being changed, so not everyone can go on it.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   February 17th 2011, 12:04 pm

Randomprsn wrote:
The clearance levels were a good way to keep hackers off servers with higher rank requirements. Also, since the Black Market Server is being opened to everyone, there won't be any servers where there aren't any hackers.
They didn't change KDR/rank requirements for the servers so that aspect of CLs is still in effect. I, for instance, can't go into Foxtrot and kill noobs because my KDR is too high, just like someone who has access to Foxtrot can't go into Kilo because their rank is too low.

All they did at this point is allow everyone to play every map again instead of starting out at 4 (which is a really, REALLY shitty idea to limit new players to arguably the worst maps in the game). It shouldn't have any effect on hackers getting into high level servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February bug removal   

Back to top Go down

February bug removal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1