» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 14th 2011, 9:29 pm

I was wondering what people think about the two ACOG scopes. I always use an ACOG TA3 because I like the magnification over the I-Tech sight and because it has the health and ammo bars. I don't use the bars to look at my ammo or health because usually I have a pretty good feel on how fast my guns go through ammo and I can check my health on the bottom of the screen but instead I use them as a second sort of crosshairs. In the past I have avoided the ACOG TA1 because I found the numbers to be a little distracting and annoying because they are a little to the left of the center of your screen but I have never really tested it out to see if it is generally less annoying than the TA3 since the TA3 on the other hand is annoying because the bars depend on your ammo/ health and the bars are fairly inaccurate as cross-hairs since they are fairly wide. So what to you guys think about the two scopes (mostly wondering because my scope is about to expire and I'm not sure which one to buy).

Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 14th 2011, 9:40 pm

TA1 does a pretty good job of approximating how far away you are from the target and how well your gun will be able to hit at that distance given by the color of the numbers. The TA3 is pretty useless since I either die in combat or get away and hide where I can check health/ammo/etc., not to mention my gun stays completely reloaded in between firefights and I know how fast I empty clips.

I'd say go TA1 for that since the bars just get in the way for me, but you do as you like.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 14th 2011, 11:05 pm

I agree with Tyleh. The numbers are far less distracting than the bars, which are non-functional if you're used to checking health and ammo without them. The numbers can be helpful in certain situations, like checking distance from mines or other ground traps, although I really only get the ACOG for the red dot and magnification. Having used weapons like the M416 CQB and the M4A1 SOPMOD, I can say that I can't find any reason to prefer the Itech over the ACOG, since having lower magnification doesn't help at all for medium to long range shooting, and at CQC, there's no reason to scope in. I used to think that the Itech scope helped before I realized that these guns had low recoil, which was what made getting kills so much easier, not the scope. Also, the red dot on the Itech is far less precise than the ACOG, so I would go with the ACOG over any other scope (except on snipers and such) anytime.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 15th 2011, 5:20 am

I personally prefer the iTech compared to the ACOGs. I find that the iTech's recoil is easier to control than the ACOGs, although people's preference vary depending on that person's playing style.

Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 15th 2011, 11:17 am

Randomprsn wrote:
I personally prefer the iTech compared to the ACOGs. I find that the iTech's recoil is easier to control than the ACOGs, although people's preference vary depending on that person's playing style.
I agree with this. The iTech is just fine for assault rifles if you burst fire over long distances. It's not that inaccurate and works really well with low-recoil guns. However, ACOG always > iTech when it comes to pistols because you need all the accuracy you can get. =)

Then again, not many people scope/silence their pistols like I do. xD
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 16th 2011, 12:59 am

Tyleh wrote:

I guess not. The only time I use pistols is when I run out of ammo and my opponent is close to where I am. When they're pretty far away from me, there is no point in using a pistol, there's time to reload.

The iTech is pretty good, even with high recoil guns like the AK47. Since the magnification is lower than the ACOG, it seems like it has less recoil, which means it's slightly easier to control.

Back to top Go down
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   February 25th 2011, 9:13 pm

Even though this is a little...outdated, might as well give my two cents.

Tyleh wrote:

Aesthetically, I do, especially with an iTech.

There are issues with me using the iTech. I rarely scope in for long range combat, and like all scopes, isn't useful in Close-Quarter Combat to scope into. I was excited to receive the iTech when I was promoted to CSM 1, but after a few games of usage, I felt it became useless to me. Since the magnification is low it does reduce recoil, I really wouldn't find any other advantage if it didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3   

Back to top Go down

ACOG TA1 Vs. ACOG TA3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1