» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Crash   January 21st 2011, 2:04 pm

I don't suppose anyone knows why games all over CA keep crashing? It looks like everyone in the game suddenly started lagging at once. The people who know what's going on leave, and the game suddenly ends for everyone else a few seconds later.
Back to top Go down
Xterior

IGN : Xterior101

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 21st 2011, 5:44 pm

Ya, I think it is the new patch. I don't know why it is crashing, but I'm sure it has something to do with the new patch.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 22nd 2011, 6:09 pm

That's what I figured. Some people blame it on hackers (also associated with patches), but games without hackers have been crashing, too.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 22nd 2011, 11:14 pm

Could it be because of the note thing? Players are sending millions of notes and that could crash the game, due to the sheer volume of notes being sent.

Back to top Go down
Michael1798

IGN : Michael1798

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 23rd 2011, 7:56 am

Umm this has nothing to do with the topic but did anyone get there 5k nx from the patch ( Which was given to player who used NX Prepaid before) I didnt >;|
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 23rd 2011, 12:51 pm

Randomprsn, I heard about that being a potential weakness for hackers to exploit, but if I check my notes, none appear in my inbox. Also, a hacker crashing a game like that would have to send messages to everyone in the room. There are games where a hacker outside of the game couldn't have known who was in it, and I'm pretty sure that some of those games had no hackers. If it is indeed a hack, for some reason, it's more popular than OPK, chams, etc.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 23rd 2011, 11:52 pm

I mean like if people send a really large amount of notes to anyone, the server could overload and affect everyone, not just the person who's receiving notes.

No I did not get the 5K NX, but it may have been sent to my inbox, haven't been online for a few days.

Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 26th 2011, 6:55 am

The notes could be used to lag a specific person but I doubt that it would crash them. If Baxstar can't get crashed from the notes he gets then most likely it isn't possible on a team based scale (perhaps it is possible if used on a single person). It is also unlikely that spamming notes could crash the server since based on my IP tests the servers for the lobby, login, channels, and even channel selection are all on their own server. This means that the note sending one is on it's own server so if it did crash people wouldn't be able to send/receive notes for a while (although note sending servers are nothing special and the servers that Nexon uses should be robust enough to handle demands on a busy day). The lag is probably a bug that causes a notification to be run in the background while your playing a game since everything related to notes should be server side aside from it user interaction with notes and notifications (although this might be how it's meant to be since the lobby seems to be running in the background while your playing a game).

I have noticed recently that some people appear to be standing upright with their arms out in game. I thought this was some sort of hack for the sake of trolling while opking people but it seems that I (and a bunch of other people in the room who were too terrible to be hackers) also appear to be standing upright in game. I was wondering if any of you know if this is caused by lag, hardware lag, a bug or some sort of hack that may accidentally cause this bug (Now that I think of it I think every time I have seen this glitch there has been a hacker in the room).

Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 26th 2011, 11:49 am

That position is the default model position. It just shows up because of network latency. Shouldn't really be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Xterior

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 26th 2011, 7:43 pm

Hey, have you guys checked your messenger to see who is on but find that there is no one in your messenge and when you try to add someone it doesn't work? I have been having that problem. Not only that but I seem to be logged off when I look who is on in the clan. Not only am I said to be offline but everyone seems to also, and when I try to type something in clan chat it doesn't work. Yes, I have tried relogging but it is always the same. After 3-5 games the people on my messenger seem to come back but they are always offline [and I have a 100 friends (litterally) so someone is always on when I am].
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 26th 2011, 8:18 pm

Yeah, Daraku, I saw that and thought it was a hack. It turns out that if you look like that, you can't tell, and it's a glitch that appears with certain weapon/character/gear combos or something. I dislike people who have it, even accidentally, because that gliding way of walking resembles a flyhack (though I doubt many actually have one) and because it's hard to tell where they're aiming or whether they're about to fire.

Edit: I'm also finding it annoying that the message about successful invitations pops up when I try to join someone's room via messenger or when someone tries to join me.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 26th 2011, 9:39 pm

Xterior wrote:
Hey, have you guys checked your messenger to see who is on but find that there is no one in your messenge and when you try to add someone it doesn't work? I have been having that problem. Not only that but I seem to be logged off when I look who is on in the clan. Not only am I said to be offline but everyone seems to also, and when I try to type something in clan chat it doesn't work. Yes, I have tried relogging but it is always the same. After 3-5 games the people on my messenger seem to come back but they are always offline [and I have a 100 friends (litterally) so someone is always on when I am].
The messenger server is down for certain people. Mine works fine, but others are having trouble. At best it looks like the only thing you can do is reinstall.
Back to top Go down
Xterior

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 27th 2011, 7:21 pm

Reinstall?!?!?!?!?!?! Won't that take like forever?????? I guess I can do it while I am in school, but do I really have to reinstall?
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 27th 2011, 9:21 pm

No, no, it's not a guaranteed fix. I was merely saying you could try it. I doubt that's the problem since it seems to happen with a lot of people at once.
Back to top Go down
Xterior

PostSubject: Re: Crash   January 28th 2011, 5:56 pm

Ya, it is finally fixed. I guess Nexon might have fixed it or maybe it was just the patch.... I don't really know and I don't really care, as long as it is fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash   

Back to top Go down

Crash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1