» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

M416CQB or M417 Combat?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 2:39 am

I've decided that I'll save my NX until the M416CQB is on the retiring sales but the M417 Combat is out now. Which one do you guys think is better?

Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 5:41 am

Read my review on the M417 Combat. The M416 CQB is much better even if it makes you a little rusty from not having to deal with recoil.

On an unrelated note I just watched Baxstar's TRG-21 review and it seems that the new notes system lags you up if you get them in game and it is SCREAMING for a hack exploit. I didn't get to go on since I was playing MS (and deleting stuff from my comp) but If it is as bad as he says it is then there is a good chance that people will be using this exploit in a non hack way to lag ppl up in CWs. (just wanted to throw this out there without having to make a new post of it since I actually haven't gotten to play much since the patch and I haven't been messaged in game (not like I would be able to tell with my normal hardware lag)).

Clan Admin

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 6:02 am

I've read your review. It just makes things more complicated for me, but good review. I just can't decide whether to just buy the M417 Combat right now or wait until the next sales (however long it takes).

The good thing is, not many people know me so I won't get spammed notes, unlike Baxstar. I went online today and found that there were still hacks, as well as the addition of the Elite Moderators. This makes things worse as hackers can now kick anyone who says that they're hacking. This isn't helping Nexon solve the hack crisis. It's actually making it worse in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 10:12 am

I doubt the M416 CQB would ever go on sales for permanent. Its too popular due to its low recoil which is abit too OP for me. Same with guns such as the L96A1 Arctic wolf, G36E valkyrie etc. If they put these guns on sale for perm, Nexon will not make profit at all, in the long term at least.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 12:12 pm

L96A1 was on sale for perm during that 4-day sale...

For me, guns like the M416 CQB and M4A1 SOPMOD feel unnatural because of their nearly unnoticeable recoil. That's not to say that killing isn't easy when you have that, but I feel more at ease when I can "feel" the recoil from my shots. Plus, I'm used to aiming so that the recoil ends up helping me. Like I'll aim at the chest or something, and I know that if that doesn't kill him, the recoil going up to his head will. Being restricted to an Itech also bothers me. For guns that can shoot that accurately and with such low recoil, it seems a shame not to have an ACOG.

But I'd definitely go with the M416 over the M417 Combat.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 9:10 pm

Yes the L96A1 was on sale for perm but you need GP to buy that not NX which is real money.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 20th 2011, 9:38 pm

Oh, right. You're talking about Nexon's profit. Well, that might be true for the M416 CQB, but the L96A1 isn't NX anyway. So I don't see how that would make a difference.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 21st 2011, 12:20 am

fishythefish wrote:
L96A1 was on sale for perm during that 4-day sale...

What im trying to say is even though the L96A1 was on sale for perm, they would never put the ARCTIC WOLF on sale for perm. The popular weapons wont be on sale. Thats what I think.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 21st 2011, 1:21 am

Or popular weapons will go on sale if they are otherwise being removed from the game. Because then people who love to use them will HAVE to buy them in order to continue. I believe this was the idea behind the recent sales.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 22nd 2011, 2:51 am

But if Nexon releases the M416CQB for the permanent sale, if players miss out on this sale, they won't be able to get this gun perm anymore. After a week of loss, they'll easily make it up, seeing as the M416 CQB is one of the most popular guns in the game. People who miss the sales will still be buying the gun for 30, 90 days etc. I don't really see how Nexon won't make a profit from this. Nexon are making money from putting guns on sale that people don't really use. I see how they make a profit from that.

The L96A1 Arctic Wolf is similar as the L96A1, with the addition of a cool looking camo, and an intergrated silencer. Players who have bought the L96A1 permanently won't by the L96A1 Arctic Wolf again, as it'll just be a waste of NX.The slight improvement with the addition of the silencer in the Arctic Wolf isn't worth paying for if you already have a permanent L96A1.

What do you think about snipers like the TPG-1 Pro, should Nexon put it on the sales? It's not quite as popular as the Arctic Wolf but I think that it's better. Higher accuracy with higher magnified scope? I'd take that over a silencer any day.

Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 22nd 2011, 9:30 am

If the M416 CQB did go on sale for permanent, I'm never playing this game ever again.
Back to top Go down
Xterior

IGN : Xterior101

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 22nd 2011, 12:07 pm

Ya, Random, I have the TPG-1 Pro. It is very good. I consider it better then the Artic Wolf. It is the best sniper for Kill Creek (I think better than the M107 series). It has accuracy unparrelled, and the magnified scope makes it that much easier to kill from far distances. It has a fast reload speed compared to the L9 series, and has a faster fire rate which means if you are in a Rec Rules server you don't have to worry about scoping, just start bunny hoping and spraying and you might just get a kill that the L9 could not have given you otherwise. Not only that, but it is less tankable. The only problem is that you have to get used to the more magnified scope. Which if you have been playing around with the Holiday Wolf, the scope is exactly the same. Another downside is that you can not attach a silencer, which could be the difference of life and death. Otherwise I think the TPG-1 Pro is the sniper all experts should get. I do not think that they will put it on sale seeing that Baxstar has widely advertised it for them and more customers will be coming in just for the "experience" of the TPG-1 Pro. When people find out how good this sniper is, they won't need to put it on the sales. It will be selling itself.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 22nd 2011, 7:07 pm

LOL Xterior, the TPG-1 and pro are only decent at kill creek, not as good as you said they were. The reason for this is the fact that the TPG-1 and pro are some of most tanked snipers. I don't know why, but I believe it's due to the damage decreasing dramatically over long ranges or something. However, it's really good for getting headshots because of it's accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 22nd 2011, 11:10 pm

Well the new snipers, the TRG-21 and the TRG SE are both better than the TPG-1 and Pro. The TRG SE has a double scope like the M107CQ SE. It's also a one hit kill and has better accuracy. I would say the TRG SE is the best sniper right now, better than the TPG-1 and M107 CQ SE. (The M107 CQ SE still looks cooler though).

Back to top Go down
Xterior

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 25th 2011, 6:48 pm

I totally agree with you Random. I did'nt try out the TRG SE until after I posted my other post. The TRG SE comes with 5 more bullets than normal. Not only that but it has double scope like you said, is a bolt action sniper (great for quick scoping) and has great fire rate and accuracy as well. It even reloads the same speed.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 25th 2011, 7:21 pm

You say it's good for quick scoping, but in reality, it's not. It has the double scope so unless you quickswitch, you'd most likely be dead if you miss one shot.

Back to top Go down
Xterior

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 25th 2011, 7:45 pm

You don't have to quick switch. It is bolt action so it unscopes for you.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 26th 2011, 2:23 am

Well, if people stop trying to show off with quickscoping, you actually get better in terms of K/DR as a camping sniper. Camping snipers have double scope and high accuracy with low tankability.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 26th 2011, 6:47 am

To add onto Tyleh's point, many people start off sniping when they see videos of Emnesty etc, who are wogl players with alot of experience in the sniping. They do it with such ease that many people think ''oh quickscoping looks like a piece of cake''. Quickscoping is NOT the way to snipe. You have to learn sniping by CAMPING and then you'll get used to placing the crosshair directly or near the person when you see them. If you practise camping and placing the crosshair directly on the person, quickscoping will come to you naturally as you can quickly scope in and place the crosshair on the person to kill them. Im pretty sure thats the case with most players and once you become a decent camping sniper, you can try to rush with a sniper as well, and increase your chances of getting an unbelievable if you play in a map such as snow valley.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   January 26th 2011, 1:38 pm

In order, you should learn how to snipe as follows:

1. Camping sniper, using a high-powered, preferably double scoped rifle like the M107CQ. If that's not available, go to the rifle with the highest accuracy. Tankability isn't that important at the moment, because you just need to get a feel for how the gun performs as you move around a bit. Settle time is a bit important, but you can just unscope and rescope and has the added benefit of learning where the center of the screen is without the help of a reticle.

2. Camping sniper, using the rifle you want to learn to quickscope with. Obviously it's going to need a high accuracy, fast settle time, and low tankability. Repeat step one, but start moving around the map a little more with it. At the end of step 2 if you feel like you're good enough, you can delay scoping in while camping until the last second or two to test your skill at positioning the enemy at the center of the screen, and those reflexes at large ranges like this will help you when at close range. You'll be unstoppable.

3. ???

4. PROFI--No. Well, maybe some profit. Migrate into your playstyle, whether it be rusher or camper, and begin learning how settle time is affected by jumps, sprints, crouches, walking, etc. Apply all the skills you learned before and you'll be a good quickscoper soon enough. Eventually you'll get good enough at it and master the settle time well enough to be able to noscope, which is even more fun (but definitely cheaper than quickscoping).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M416CQB or M417 Combat?   

Back to top Go down

M416CQB or M417 Combat?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1