» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Content update 9/21/10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 12:52 am

CA released a list of the changes in the next update:

http://combatarms.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=009ZW

The new mode seems absolutely terrible since you can just spam law missiles at the person near the flag. On the up side if explosives are turned off I think this will be the first map where lots of vest protection and MGs will play a huge role in the game (aside for CF where MGs are almost mandatory and sniper maps where people sometimes wear heavy vests since a lot of the fire fights are going to be at a distance).

The are correcting all the problems with the HUD that players have complained about (that I have heard from other players and reviewers anyway).

Another good/bad change is a change in CTF requirements to prevent power leveling. I'm ok with the idea of ticking off power leveling noobs (I'm guessing the change has something to do with changing the 2 minute limit that prevents points from being awarded in a CTF if the game lasts less than 2 min) but I have found that I have gotten in plenty of teams during the CTF event that could win in a Junk Flea game in less than 1:13 so it will be even harder to dominate noobs from now in.

The best things about the update is the option to gift people GP items for this month (and hopefully they will make it permanent. The temporary change is probably for Nexon to study the economic effects such a change has on GP and NX expenditures). I'm not sure I have enough GP and I'm not high enough rank to have access to rigged GP weapons but If I can find something awesome I can buy with GP at my rank I might host a Clan event with the winner getting a good GP weapon for 90 days (or anything else cheaper if the winner wants something else like a Light vest or an Itech scope for 90 days and doesn't need a GP weapon).

IGN : Eyerider

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 8:44 am

I know this is out of topic but can I have some information regarding ''first round kicks''?
My computer is dead (im on my brothers laptop atm) so please dont kick me Sad
Thx, SoSpecial.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 12:30 pm

Clan event = excellent idea, but it would have to be 30-day weapons since right now you can't gift for 90 days. I'm not really sure why Nexon hasn't allowed GP gifting before. It just makes sense.

You're probably right about having to turn explosives off to play the new mode, but I don't particularly like explosives anyway so that's fine with me. I'm glad they're finally releasing a new mode instead of just maps over and over again. It adds so many more dynamics to the game when modes are added instead of maps.

How do you guys feel about the TPG?
Eyerider wrote:
I know this is out of topic but can I have some information regarding ''first round kicks''?
My computer is dead (im on my brothers laptop atm) so please dont kick me Sad
Thx, SoSpecial.
You would only be kicked if you didn't meet the rank or KDR requirement. I did all the kicking and I don't recall kicking you, so you must have been fine. If it turns out that you WERE kicked by mistake, just let me know and I can re-add you, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 1:38 pm

The TPG actually looks balanced since it is statistically similar to the M107CQ SE except with a touch less recoil and a higher rate of fire. I have found that recoil plays a huge role with sniper rifles and can still be noticed even if it is a bolt action gun. I assume that its high recoil and its fast fire rate will make it annoying to shoot someone at a long distance unless you quick switch every shot which will make the gun very similar to the DSR-1 series if you quick switch. After using the DSR-1 Subsonic for a while I have found that a silencer is very useful since it makes it easier for you to hear footsteps of enemies sneaking up on you and I think the TGP would scream your location every time you made a shot which is a big problem if you are playing against a pro. At best this would be a beast of a gun for sniper only games because you will be able to fire off shots faster than everyone else when no scoping and its accuracy will allow you to kill people from a distance.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 2:19 pm

On a side note this peice of text was on the nexon website on the top bar and looked completely out of place. I looks like it is denouncing that there are overpowered guns in this game (probably a response to the people who think the DSR-1 is overpowered. I have found that 1 point of extra fire speed to throw off my shots now and then because the recoil doesn't settle completely. There aren't any overpowered guns except for a few guns that are obviously better than its predecessor like baron's M416 CQB) I don't have access to my desktop anymore so I can't tell if can only be viewed on certain monitors but here is what it says (with internet slang and all)

Videos Free To Play
Combat Arms is Nexon's first Free-to-Play first person shooter. Some games and companies do Free-to-Play games differently, so we’ll explain exactly what our mind-set is for this game.
First, Combat Arms will never cost a penny to play. Period.
Second, we believe that in any first-person shooter, being able to use real money to buy an uber gun sucks. It makes the game dependant on money and not skill (thus defeating the purpose of Free-to-Play), and skill is what a first-person shooter is all about.
Third, no unbalanced weapons will be bought with Nexon Cash. Ever.
If you're looking for the Golden Gun that will help you pwn everything with one shot, look elsewhere, because it's not here. Nothing game balance related is sold in the Cash Shop, and it's going to stay that way.
Finally, you’ll never have to pay a subscription fee.
Every single one of Nexon's games is Free-to-Play, and subscription free.
You need a free Nexon Passport to play, and that's it. If you have one already, just login and click the Start Game button!
Fun Stuff!
MOVIES
WALLPAPERS
SCREENSHOTS
POLLS

Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 4:23 pm

That picture you posted was actually a link denouncing OP guns way back in 2008. I'm surprised to even see that anymore. What you're seeing is a link error (the original free to play pledge can be found here). It's obviously dumbed down a bit because they've abandoned that pledge. The other stuff at the bottom used to be links on the old CA site where members were encouraged to take part in screenshot contests to win small prizes. Sometime during the maintenance last night they must have toyed with the site.

As far as the TPG goes, it's too cheap for me to use. I hate using 1 hit kill snipers unless I'm in a CTF or the team absolutely needs a quick kill to win. I did pick it up and it's REALLY easy to use. It's fairly loud, though, comparable to the M107. I've only seen the TGP-1, not the Pro yet, so I don't know how the zoom compares for the NX version. I'm tempted to get the Pro just because I could use a few more snipers in my arsenal of perms, but I'm planning on buying the L96A1 LE if we reach 200k Facebook members.
Back to top Go down
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   September 22nd 2010, 9:40 pm

TPG-1 - Lower rank version of DSR-1, and possibly even better.

A disadvantage of the gifting system is that you are required to be the same rank for the gun to able to use it.

To be honest Seize and Secure, terrible idea. Too much nade spamming, and if you capture the flag and the enemy doesn't capture it at least once, the game turns into abnormal gameplay. Nexon already gives small amount of EXP there, terrible way to prevent power leveling.

The Survivor Machete is decent, but the NX weapons are still better, unlike the TPG-1 and DSR-1 which already beat most of the NX snipers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Content update 9/21/10   

Back to top Go down

Content update 9/21/10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1