» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Suppressors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Suppressors   August 22nd 2010, 11:17 pm

Suppressors have been one of the most questioned item in game. Nexon's stats on them are clearly inaccurate and I was wondering if anyone truly knows if the S3 reduces recoil as a hidden bonus and the true damage reduction of all suppressors. Someone claimed they did a test on them (by shooting someone in the chest several hundred times and using the damage thing on the kill cam to find the damage of the last shot) and found that the damage reduction is approximately 3.65%. Many tests have been done on the recoil and no one has really found anything conclusive besides the S1 changes the recoil rather than removes some but people still claim the S3 removes some recoil. I was wondering if anyone knows the real answer to what suppressors do and if suppressors reduce the damage by even a slight bit would they be worth it?

Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   August 23rd 2010, 11:21 am

Well according to my few tests on vests and gear, I would say that since the damage from each shot is somewhat variable anyway the chance of 3.65% being anything other than a general average of the damage reduction isn't likely.

Simply put, if shots don't do equal damage on hits (and they don't), there's no way to accurately test damage reduction without rooting through the game code.

I also really doubt the S3 reduces recoil any. I think it's a psychological thing: removing a lot of the gun sounds and muzzle flash just makes people think the gun isn't kicking as hard as it is. If anything, it's only modifying the recoil.
Back to top Go down
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   August 25th 2010, 7:26 am

I thought the S3 Suppressor/Silencer slightly changes the recoil horizontally.

I'm unsure of the other Suppressors/Silencers, although the S1 seems to increase recoil diagonally, especially using the MK16 SCAR-L, or the G36E scoped in.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   August 25th 2010, 10:06 am

Some modder noob in some forum wanted to end the debate and extracted the necessary files to see what the suppressors really do but his download link for the files was broken. The S1 does indeed change the recoil diagonally and people have found the tracer reduction from the S2 to be much lower than it says while the S3 reduces flash more than it says. I can't tell exactly but the S3 doesn't seem to do anything with recoil (if it really does reduce it a bit then the reduction is a very small amount) but I have been using it anyway since it gives you an added layer of stealth making it easier to take out noobs with a low volume setting and stay hidden a bit longer in dark maps with no measurable damage loss.

Clan Admin

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   August 26th 2010, 5:42 am

Personally, I don't like using suppressors. I find that it lowers the damage of my gun (G36E) slightly too much for my liking. I know it lowers the recoil of the gun, I manage the recoil easily. When I've scoped in, I fire one shot at a time rather a burst of fire. I find it much easier than spending money on a suppressor.

Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   August 26th 2010, 7:48 am

I hate supressors they make your gun sound crap.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   June 25th 2011, 6:43 pm

Just in case anyone looks at these posts later it seems that the S3 got nerfed (not sure when. Probably some time when I didn't have my desktop) and it now reduces the flash brightness by a small amount makes it fairly useless since it is still easy to see. As far as I'm concerned the S3 is now mediocre, the S2 is crap (unless you are playing with people who are fairly good and are good at finding the source of tracers), and the S1 is completely useless unless Nexon releases a high damage gun with outrageously bad recoil that goes straight up (diagonal recoil would be better in this case since it will at least give you better spraying capabilities since the shots will tend to be around your target instead of way above it).

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   June 27th 2011, 4:06 am

Well, I never (well, rarely) use suppressors, since I consider them useless, so I can't say what they do to the gun's stats. From the few times I've used suppressors (on dropped guns), I don't think they make the recoil any easier to manage. The main effect they have is reducing light and sound to make it harder for the enemy to detect you, although any decent player will have no difficulty determining where shots are coming from even if a suppressor is being used, especially once bullets start hitting, since that red arrow pops up. Changing the direction of recoil is pretty useless, since most people use the same guns repeatedly and get used to their recoil patterns and learn how to control them (via tap firing or other methods). It's really not worth the damage reduction, since a few points in damage spread over many shots could be the difference between you making a kill and you being killed.

I find it humorous when people equip suppressors in Fireteam in order to disguise their location, since the enemy is controlled by the computer. Noobs will be noobs.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   June 28th 2011, 12:16 am

fishythefish wrote:
I find it humorous when people equip suppressors in Fireteam in order to disguise their location, since the enemy is controlled by the computer. Noobs will be noobs.
Well, they do modify recoil, so if you wanted to take an assault rifle with a high recoil into a CF and try to do any good with it I can imagine a suppressor being helpful. I don't see AR's having any problems other than with headshots, so it's still only marginally useful if you're the guy picking off all the zombies with headshots and need to modify your gun's recoil for whatever reason. You would take a hit when you're surrounded due to the damage reduction being spread out among a large number of zombies, though, unless you brought an alternate weapon with you. So in short it might actually be beneficial in that situation, but you're right, it won't help "disguise" your location from an NPC designed to track you down regardless. Very Happy

Theorycraft is fun!

Suppressors overall are just about useless and always have been with the exception of integrated suppressors and those equipped on a select few guns. Even the integrated suppressors are pretty terrible considering if you've ever played with the standard version of the gun then it behaves completely differently from that. The only time I would think about equipping a suppressor is on an M16A1 because I like the way that changes the recoil pattern on the default gun (for those nights when I'm really, really bored... Working on my 27% accuracy rating with the M16A1 Professional Very Happy). The other gun I would consider putting one on would be the M416 CQB because that thing is the goddamned loudest gun in the game. Too bad it's so powerful it's completely unnecessary since anything within a hundred yard radius is dead.

A more interesting discussion at this point would be how customization items affect weapon performance in-game, not numbers-wise. Currently I guess there are too few customized weapons out there for it to really matter, but interesting nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   June 28th 2011, 6:46 am

That's why I specifically mentioned using suppressors in FT to disguise the player location. Of course, some people might prefer to adjust the recoil with a suppressor, but it just seems like it would be easier to go with a gun that has manageable recoil to begin with or if you like a G36E, just learn how to manage recoil without the suppressor. Besides, if you're the guy picking off enemies with headshots, then you could always get a gun with really low recoil or a really predictable pattern (straight up is nice - start by aiming a little below the head if you're having trouble) even if it has low damage.

I agree the M416 CQB is loud...although I've never noticed it since, like you said, it is pretty effective at killing enemies quickly (especially with the low recoil/spread it has to begin with, which would make a suppressor even more pointless, if that's possible) so it's hard to tell if it gets attention since dead people generally don't turn around. No one goes into an area with multiple enemies with an M416 CQB and picks off the enemies slowly, one at a time, so there's never going to be a situation where you'd really need to dampen the sound (unless your aim sucks). Plus, it's effective at ranges long enough that the sound won't carry.

And there are definitely snipers that are WAY louder than an AR will ever be. (I'm thinking DSR-1 Tactical, M-200, TRG-21, etc.) But as with the M416 CQB, why would you ever attach a suppressor to a gun that will kill enemies close enough to hear it quickly? In this case, the sniper being a OHK to begin with would be pointless, depending on the distance and enemy vest.

I agree about steering the discussion in a different direction, if only because the numerical stats Nexon gives don't always correspond to what happens in-game. Notable examples are snipers that should be OHK's but aren't, snipers that shouldn't be OHK's but are, and the actual effects of suppressors in general. And of course, many guns, especially ARs create discussions about the accuracy of Nexon's stats, especially since a stat like Recoil won't say anything about the spread or pattern, which Nexon won't give.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suppressors   

Back to top Go down

Suppressors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: Combat Arms :: Combat Arms: Weapons & Gear Discussions-
Jump to: