» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Different weapons' effects on KDR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyleh
Admin
Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Different weapons' effects on KDR   August 20th 2010, 3:43 am

I know everyone hears complaints about how weapons are overpowered and give unfair advantages to players who use them. Honestly, I hate that excuse for doing poorly in a video game.

Lately, I've been trying out unorthodox weapon combinations to see how I do compared to a G36E or M416 CQB, mainly out of boredom since I've been playing this game fairly competitively for the past 2 years. Among some of the equipment setups I've carried into a firefight are:

• 4 different sniper rifles as my primary weapon in maps of all sizes (M107 CQ, SR-25, L96A1 Super Magnum, and an M24A3 Woodland)
  • M16A3 (both default and Professional versions)
  • 4 different pistols used in place of a primary weapon (USP, K5SD Camo, P226, and a brief stint lately with the USP Tactical)
  • And a few other assault rifles some might regard as the worst in the game (AUG A3 and MTAR-21, to name a few).

What I've found is a little surprising: My KDR rarely suffered just because I picked those weapons. I can't say I was beating out G36E users with an M16 consistently, but I do know that when I caught them by surprise, they had no chance. That's the problem with complaining that a gun is OP: you get 70% of your kills from players who aren't looking directly at you. While that logic doesn't completely balance the game if players use "OP" weapons, what it does do is prove that attempting a head-on, one-on-one confrontation is far more foolish than trying to outflank and outsmart an opponent.

Players make it out that OP guns completely unbalance the game and somehow make it unplayable... I tend to think the exact opposite is true. It just makes it that much more fun to kill an opponent using a better gun.

*Obviously spec noobs DO unbalance the game since they can heal/plant ridiculously huge mines/plant autoturrets/shoot miniguns/etc.*
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Different weapons' effects on KDR   August 20th 2010, 6:00 am

I dont know what guns I use but I know I FAIL. 1.42 kdr just 2 weeks ago to 1.38 today Sad
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: Different weapons' effects on KDR   August 20th 2010, 12:50 pm

LOL 1.42 FOR THE PAST 3MOMNTHS Very Happy
it does go up but then goes back down back to 1.42 so that is prob my normal kdr Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Different weapons' effects on KDR   August 20th 2010, 2:59 pm

I'd think different guns allow for different strategy rather than one gun being better than another (for the most part anyway). On the other hand I've noticed that computer plays a HUGE role in playing games. My bro played CF for the heck of it and used the M16A3 and 2 MGs and was always 1st-3rd in the room even though he sprayed all his guns and hardly tried to control his recoil. This is going to be a problem for me because my parents are only letting me bring my craptop (actually its not that bad its just that I'm on an intel graphics card and intel hasn't incorporated graphics optimizing techniques into their software that were made 6 graphics card generations ago (such as geometry instancing)) because they think I'm the type of idiot who will play 8 hours a day if let alone (not much difference from right now since they suck at keeping track of me and I'm only playing 2 hours a day on average). I should be fine though as long as I optimize my laptop and play on smaller maps (actually I average 60-150 fps unless I'm looking across the map in SV but I'm just really used to 150-240 on my desktop).

Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Different weapons' effects on KDR   August 21st 2010, 9:49 pm

Right, I definitely think it's more the class of weapon you pick rather than the weapon itself. Obviously a UMP wins at closer ranges than a G36 and the G36 wins at longer ranges, and you just play to those specific advantages in order to get a high KDR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different weapons' effects on KDR   

Back to top Go down

Different weapons' effects on KDR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1