» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
February 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
February 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
February 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
December 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
December 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
November 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
November 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
November 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
November 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9

NinjaIan15

Randomprsn

Tyleh

gamerpro2011

fishythefish

InvokedFury

U54222

SoSpecial

desiareluvbird

Share | 

Mouse Acceleration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Mouse Acceleration   July 26th 2010, 5:26 am

Recently I got a new keyboard and mouse which was annoying since my new mouse is a lot bigger than my old mouse and my old mouse is Logitech and has a lot of other side features in it like a second sensitivity option to it that basically stacks with the default Microsoft sensitivity. This new mouse is from Microsoft and doesn't use these features and I started sucking even after I found a decent new mouse sensitivity for CA. I decided to look up mouse acceleration and found that it adds negative acceleration and is apparently VERY bad for gaming since it increases the speed change when you move the mouse at different speeds (when its off the mouse is a bit more sensitive but when its on its less sensitive but when you move your mouse slowly the speed decreases dramatically.). I finally can work my mouse (and spend another week finding a new setting again....) after turning mouse acceleration off but I found when I was using the old mouse that I was doing worse when mouse acceleration was off than when it was on. I was just wondering what you guys think and the setting you use.

Admin

IGN : DyingHeaven

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 26th 2010, 12:42 pm

I think...I plug in the mouse that came with my comp, and just play, I don't tinker with it lol.

IGN : SgtNiox94

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 26th 2010, 8:35 pm

I think you should try and plug your old mouse into the new computer or just try and deal with the one you have. Sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 27th 2010, 1:19 am

The new mouse acceleration is no problem. The problem is getting used to it and getting on to get used to it. MapleStory has an event going on that is basically making me grind my face off so I haven't been on recently to try to use the mouse again. Part of the reason I have been doing so badly these past few games is a huge surge of aimbotters I think. At least 40% of the rooms I've been in these last few days had at least one obvious auto aimer or opk in the room (luckily they aren't that problematic as normal since it seems they haven't come out with a hack that removes recoil nor a kick blocking hack).

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 28th 2010, 1:32 am

I did some research and found that the problem with my mouse is DPI. DPI is the number of dots per square inch which increases the precision of your mouse. For example if your windows setting is on 1 sensitivity with a mouse of 1600 dpi it will be the same sensitivity as a mouse with 800 dpi and 2 sensitivity but the 1600 is a lot more precise. For gaming the highest dpi is essential to far range shots. Unfortunately it is very hard to figure out your dpi on your mouse even if you google it (unless its a gaming mouse where geeks will be talking about dpi a lot). The dpi is very dependent on your screen resolution so if you are on a low screen resolution a low dpi mouse will be absolutely no problem. On the other hand, if you have a 23" monitor like me you are kinda screwed if your dpi is low and your on a big monitor and use the second level of scope often on a M107CQ SE like I do. You can tell if dpi is a problem for you if you grab a G36E or any other high magnification type scope (or second scope of M107CQ SE if you happen to use that gun often) and try aiming at something. If your mouse seems to jump around a lot if you make 5 pixel circles on your screen then a low dpi might be a problem for you. If its not and you still want to see what it feels like then pump your CA mouse sensitivity high and use a sniper scope to aim at an object extremely far from you and make 5 pixel circles with the cross-hairs. A lot of other gamers suggest that if a low DPI is a problem for you, you can use mouse acceleration which will make it easier to aim at far distances (obviously none of this will effect you if you never use anything with a greater zoom than an ACOG).

I found that my old mouse had 800 DPI which is fine but I use an extremely sensitive mouse configuration which I had somehow gotten used to. My new mouse is 1000 DPI but I can't get that same sensativity like my old mouse without having to increase the CA sensitivity a lot. I finally decided to use an even older mouse that has either 800-2400 DPI that I got from Dell that shipped with my computer that has an option to change DPI (you can't change DPI unless your mouse software permits it) (who knew default standard crap might actually be better than $30-$50 mice from Logitech and Windows). My mouse settings are good now but now I need to re-re get used to another mouse....

Admin

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 28th 2010, 2:07 am

Just curious, but is the mouse(s) you're talking about a notebook mouse?
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 28th 2010, 2:48 am

Tyleh wrote:
Just curious, but is the mouse(s) you're talking about a notebook mouse?
The really old one I'm using now is the Dell Laser USB mouse (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/I_O_Devices/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=330-2451), the old one is the Logitech v450 nano (http://www.lps2u.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_74&products_id=359), and the new one is the Windows Comfort 5000 (http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18518).

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   July 28th 2010, 12:15 pm

Notebook mouses have higher DPI because they're meant to be portable and used on small surfaces, which is probably why you had trouble with the newer ones. Desktop mouses don't have to be maneuvered in small areas so generally ones not custom made for gaming don't need as high of a DPI.

I can see where you'd be baffled by swapping your mouse out for any of those.

Since I've never actually posted my mouse setup, I'm playing with a wireless notebook mouse similar to the Logitech you're using. I don't know the precise DPI on it but the area on the desk I use my mouse on is probably a 4x8" rectangle next to my computer. When I'm not playing CA I can move my cursor from one side of the screen to the other in the space of about a half inch on my desk. In CA it would take roughly an inch to do a complete turn.

I've played that way for years, so I guess I'm just used to the ridiculous sensitivity.
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin

IGN : gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   August 3rd 2010, 1:23 am

yea well i can do a colpete turn in bout 3inches wen needed lol but yaa i love it higher cuz u can turn around faster and stuff i use to have an older account whtich other ppl may know of gamerboi2011 and it got hacked but i had my mouse senistivty down and my kdr was .89 but since then ive raised the mouse sensitivity and it improves my gamin so much more i think well that is in my on eyes
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   August 27th 2010, 2:03 am

After tinkering around with some settings I'm still having a bit of trouble finding a mouse setting that will allow me to accurately snipe people behind cover across the map, turn around quickly, and tap fire bunny hoppers without having to pick up the mouse to do a 180 to shoot someone behind me or so sensitive that if my hand twitches it sends my cross-hair everywhere. So, I was wondering what CA settings you guys use and the DPI of your mouse (I don't really care about the windows mouse sensitivity since apparently you loose accuracy after you go beyond the 6th notch although it would be nice to know what you use if it is something other than 6)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   August 27th 2010, 3:29 pm

5700 DPI on the 7th notch in Windows 7. I play in-game at about 7-9 sensitivity. I got a new mouse so I'm reiterating this.

A 180 is fairly easy to pull off in about an inch to an inch and a half of space for me.

I think what may be part of the problem is using your wrist and arm to do too much of the moving around. My fingers actually do most of the work when I game (the palm of my hand hardly ever touches the mouse).

To describe how this next part works you might want to take a look at this image. Neutral position for me is fingers within 10° - 20° of being parallel to the contour of the mouse, reaching to within 3/4 to 1/2 of a centimeter towards the end. Obviously that depends on finger length and mouse but hopefully you can get a good idea as to how I do this.

Neutral position leaves fingers slightly bent as I said before, so manipulating the vertical axis of the mouse is as simple as extending or retracting my fingers further. At the center of the screen, less than half an inch is required to move to the very top or bottom of the window (this is probably different in CA since you basically have 180° vertical axis to play around with). So in normal Windows I can move from the bottom of the screen to the top in 3/4" to an inch of space. If any more movement is required, extending my shoulder makes aiming slightly less accurate but moves a lot faster--this is why I surmised that you're moving your arms too much when aiming.

The horizontal axis is controlled by my thumb and last two fingers which cup around the mouse's side. Again it's just a matter of extending/retracting fingers to move the mouse around. To a lesser extent the wrist is involved, which for obvious reasons I attempt to minimize.

All in all, your hands are the most dexterous part of your body and if you're replacing that motion with your arm, you're going to have lots of trouble with accuracy and ultimately success in Combat Arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouse Acceleration   

Back to top Go down

Mouse Acceleration
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1